Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hand Towel Holder/Floral Arrangement

One of the most valuable lessons I have learned during this whole economic slump is "improvising" learning to make do with what I have until I can do better; and you know, that's not a bad thing.  I just wish I had known how to do some of this stuff much earlier in my life. 

I appreciate this blog because I can share some of the stuff I concocted (smile).  It doesn't matter if people dislike what I've done, and some of it might appear to be a bit 'way off' but I'm proud of what I learned to do with very little.  I'm beginning to enjoy that tiny piece of creativity that sneaks out.

Like the time I changed over my bathroom lighting fixture to a "mini chandelier", somebody else might think "tacky with a capital T!" but at the time it worked for me and I was proud of it.




And guess what, when I finally got a new light fixture, I was able to recycle my "mini chandelier" to make a hand towel holder (is there such a thing?).

 I took a toilet paper roll...

 Painted it...

This time I took the trim off of the light fixture...


Applied the No Sew glue inside to hold the trim ...


Very easy....


After removing the trim from the light fixture, I recycled it to hold a floral arrangement.

I dry brushed it...


Arranged it with a silk plant & flowers...


Two beautiful arrangements for my kitchen counter!


So, go out there and do whatever you want to do, improvise, imitate, or be different and take the plunge but most importantly don't be afraid to LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

No comments: