Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Study (Computer Room)

Usually when my son is home for holiday or summer break he will help me out with painting.  First let me say, I dislike painting, but I enjoy decorative painting. So, when he's home this is a big help.  The one room I wanted to paint but was never sure about the color was my Study (Computer Room).  My biggest dilemma for this room was that it's very small but I wanted to use a dark color on the walls.  My decor for this room was to be chocolate and green.  After toying with this color combination for a few months, yes it does take me that long to decide on paint colors, I decided to take the plunge.

BEFORE
I can't believe these walls were so boring

THE WORSE PART WAS SCRAPING THOSE BORDERS OFF; IT TOOK ME  1-1/2 DAYS, AND THEN I HAD TO CAULK.



I wanted to texture the wall behind the sofa to look like concrete; I used a combination of joint compound and taupe color paint and then stippled it on the wall.  I then decided this was going to be my family wall, so I loaded the wall with family pictures (the large picture in the center is a picture my son painted in the 3rd or 4th grade).  I love that I have space for more pictures for my family.


Chocolate was added to the other two walls


This is a view of my Study leading to the Dining Room
This view leads to the Foyer

I like the contrast between the Foyer and my Study.



My biggest fear was thinking my Study would be too dark, but it had just the opposite affect, there appears to be more light and it's roomy.  Sometimes it's good to LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

No comments: