Monday, August 29, 2011

Foyer Makeover

In my earlier blog I talked about how I first got into painting click here.  This is my foyer that I first painted using the sponge technique.  I was so accustom to having white walls I felt this to be a big accomplishment during the time.  Since then I've done a lot of experimenting and makeovers throughout the house and decided it was time change the look of my foyer.


BEFORE


AFTER
 
Viewed from computer room
CLOSE UP YOU CAN SEE THE TEXTURE & STENCIL DESIGN MUCH BETTER




I had to prime over the sponge painting, then paint.  I wanted to give it an old age look so I did a spot plastering in spaces and then stenciled.



I also painted over the ugly gray Breaker Box




Unfortunately, these photos don't capture the true beauty of the wall but I love it. The foyer is small but it took a few days to stencil both walls; it was well worth the time. Now,  
LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

No comments: